Tried new CD

2003-03-04
2003-03-13
  • Derrick HEffelfinger

Is there an easy way to copy the CD to a Linux PC make changes and make a new bootable.  This may be brain dead simple but I thought I'd ask before guessing at how to do it.

• Hauser Marcel

Hauser Marcel - 2003-03-05

Well .... basically... yes.... copy the whole content to a separate partition..... make it bootable... modify it.... and use bblcd (link is on the project homepage)... and modify it to use isolinux....and burn a new cd !...... That's basically how i did it (in short ! :-) )...

I'll release a development package as soon as the redwall reaches a "stable" state !

Cheers Marcel

• Derrick HEffelfinger

Could I get the two bootup files for the project (the kernel and the initrd.)  I can use my own kernel but there is way too much stuff compile into it.  I would rather use the ones from the priject anyway.

• Derrick HEffelfinger

Thanks,

That gives me a good direction.

I'll look foward to the development package.  I use SnortCenter to push out configs.  One nice thing is that I can keep the config on a centeral server and push it out.  That way I don't kneed all of the rules on the floppy.  I hope to make a config that may not even need the floppy.  If I use DHCP then map statically, I can accomplish this.

Thanks for the great project.  I'll definately keep working with it.  If your interested in any of my work let me know.  I may be on just a slightly different direction, but not too far off.

Derrick

• Hauser Marcel

Hauser Marcel - 2003-03-10

thanks for your feedback... as you can see on the project webpage... a "central-config-storage-place" solution is in my mind... but first i'll have to find the time to release the redwall as it is right now.... and do the fancy stuff after :-)

Cheers Marcel

• Derrick HEffelfinger

Never mind I found the files.