I ran some checks on the Reduce interactive lessons 1-7 from David Stoutemyer. Ideally I would have had a completely functional Reduce 2 version…. What I had:
- Reduce win32 demo version (REDUCE 3.8, 15-Apr-04 …) (this is also a CSL version)
- Reduce DOS demo version (3.6 15-Oct-1995) (runs under Win95 DOS when booted into DOS)
- Reduce 3.8 SourceForge version (Reduce (Free CSL version), 21-Oct-09 …)
I created a 'test shell', e.g.:
and compared outputs… Sadly enough the Reduce DOS demo doesn't save files. Next, the REDUCE 3.8 win32 demo version does have a single bug or so (different output e.g. when solving the quadratic equation) but that's correct in the 21-Oct-09 version.
- lesson 2 needs off fancy; the others don't (already in the "Using fancy on makes warning disappear" posting)
- lesson 4 redefines the built-in COT function, which is not allowed. Output suggests to tell Hearn.. (already in the "Using fancy on makes warning disappear" posting)
- remark: sometimes large blocks of text are dumped so some manual scrolling is required.
So the good news is that I did not see any NEW errors (note that output from fancy switch is still being improved).
GHR: can you please send me an email from an account not at sourceforge since it appears when I try to "reply" to the address you use there teh message does not reach you… Arthur
Log in to post a comment.