physop package problem

Help
Andy
2011-12-04
2012-11-20
  • Eberhard Schruefer

SOMETHING HERE

• Eberhard Schruefer

Hm, It works here as shown in the physop documentation. What is the built date of your REDUCE? I remember that I fixed a problem in that code some time ago. Can you build from svn and try?

• Andy

Andy - 2011-12-05

Hi eschruefer,
    thank you very much for your answer!!

On http://sourceforge.net/projects/reduce-algebra/files/  I followed the link after "Looking for the latest version?" which was not the newest. Now I downloaded the newer one which works :-)

Just a short other question - is there a possibility to use something like the kronecker-delta? I want to express something like:
    LET COMM(A(j), B(k)) = kroenecker(j,k);

Thank you very much,

Andy

• Eberhard Schruefer

Andy,

Good to hear that the latest version works. Concerning the use of a Kronecker delta you could just define an
    operator (as it is done in the physop test file) and use let rules to define its properties if needed.

Eberhard

• Eberhard Schruefer

Andy,

Could you please tell me why you think your indicated term should be zero? My hand calculation confirms
    the result physop returns. Maybe we should continue this discussion via private e-mail.

Eberhard

• Andy

Andy - 2011-12-06

Hi Eberhard,

this maybe the best way. My email-adress is ALueckegmx.net - Can you write me a mail - so that I have your adress and can tell you my way to calculate the commutator? Can I speak german with you?

Andy

• Andy

Andy - 2011-12-08

For the case that someone has similar problems. Eberhard found my mistake:
    Commands like "FOR ALL N,M LET ANTICOMM(C(N),C(M))=0" are ignored unless the command "NONCOM C, C" is used. The way I used the NONCOM-command before is not enough.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks