Menu

Ideas

Developers
2002-07-24
2003-06-16
  • Ricky White

Ricky White - 2002-07-24

Hi All
    If you have any ideas as to functionality that should be included please post it in this thread

thanks

Ricky White

• Paolo Achdjian

Paolo Achdjian - 2003-06-10

Hi Ricky,

I think that can be useful if by the schematic can by possible using spice for simulation.

Another idea is to link in some way the element in the schematic and PCB.

By,
      Paolo

• bernhard naegele

Hi Ricky,
      I think, that a professional schematic entry tool must support hierarchical schematic structur.
      The symbols placed on the schematic can have the following functions:
      1. They are simple parts (e.g. integrated circuits).
      2. They contain the next hierarchy level schematic
      3. They contain HDL source code
      Best regards,
      Barny

• bernhard naegele

Hi Ricky,
      I think, that the file format should be XML. Parsers are available and its then more easy to port the designs between development tools.
      Best regards,
      Barny

• bernhard naegele

Hi Ricky,
      another idea: What do you think of writing the docu via using a wikiwiki. This would make it easy that many people can translate it to they native language.
      Best regards,
      Barny

• Ricky White

Ricky White - 2003-06-16

Hi Barny,

I've used PHP wiki once before on a project and it worked quite well for some of the project design as things progressed because it was quick to update.

I see I would be useful for some of the documentation, even it it is used as a source for a nicely formatted document based on its contents.
      I seam to remember extracting the HTML to feed into word processors etc for a clean nicely formatted manuel etc.

A Wiki is a great idea especially for tossing arround ideas etc.
      Probably a lot better that this forum.

I'll try and set it up tonight on sourceforge.
      I will put a link to it off the main page when it is up and running and has a cron job configured to back up its contents.

The only problem may be keeping control of it, making sure people don't fill it with unrelated data.

Thanks,

Ricky

• Ricky White

Ricky White - 2003-06-16

Hi All,
      There is now a Wiki at http://reds.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php
      This is a place to post ideas in a more freeform manner as well as a possible basis for the development of documentation

Ricky