Menu

Build and run Problems (Help me!!!)

Developers
2006-07-12
2013-03-07
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I tryed to build "Rapid EDS" by typing "./makesymlinks" and "./configure" but on the shell appear this message "checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.2) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!". I've installed QT 3.3.6 so I don't understand what's the problem!! can anyone help me?? thank you!! Leo

• Ricky White

Ricky White - 2006-07-12

Hi Leo,
      I'm not sure what is going on.  I did have a few issues with building on 64 bit versions of linux.
      My current build platform is Fedora Core 4 x86-64.

What linux distribution are you running?
      32bit or 64 bit?
      what is your exact ./configure line ?

The build instructions are a little out of date.

I've been busy moving house/unpacking and haven't had time to work on rapideds for a while but hopefully I should be able to find some more time now that I have unpacked most things now.

On FC4, after checking out from CVS:
      make -f Makefile.cvs
      ./configure --enable-libsuffix=64 --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/ -with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/lib/
      make

I have just confirmed this in a fresh directory and checkout on my machine and this seems to work

This is all that is necessary. The ./makesymlinks was for an older version of the build enviroment which i later found unnecessary. 

I just checked this on another machine running FC3  x86 32 bit and the following is all that is necessary:
      make -f Makefile.cvs
      ./configure
      make

I suspect your issue may be related to somthing similar to what I found was necessary for FC4 on 64 bit machines.  The configure script may be finding the wrong librarys by default and may require the paths forcing.

Ricky