Menu

I'd like to know more...

Help
2005-01-20
2013-03-07
  • Mark Aitchison

Mark Aitchison - 2005-01-20

I might be interested in using and helping with rapid EDS (I was sort of thinking of making something similar until I saw this).  What do you think it will be able to do soonish, and how does it relate to other electronics development software??

Mark.

• Ricky White

Ricky White - 2005-06-15

oops,  I've been very busy for the last few months after graduating from uni and moving etc and missed this message

I'm hoping to have the schematic editor usable for small projects this year,  at the moment it is possible to place parts wires juctions etc and to load / save and print but I'm currently working on the designator support.

Currently I haven't looked at doing a library editor but currently it is easy to create library parts as text files (XML), Once I've cleaned up the schematic ediotor a bit more the editor part should be usable for editing schematic symbols etc.

My current aim is to make the schematic editor usable for simple hobby like projects at this stage then to look at the PCB editor.  I would prefer to achive similar functionality to the old dos versions of Protel etc in both schematic editor and PCB before adding more advanced features.  While trying to keep to these goals I'm also trying to build the code structure in a way that makes it easy to add in advanced features as needed.

The application is built in a modular way using KPards etc so it is easy to add new features/plugins to support other editors and possible some forem of Spice integration at some point in the future.

Ricky