Select Window suddenly resizes larger on Record

Help
IsmAvatar
2013-10-30
2013-10-31
  • IsmAvatar

IsmAvatar - 2013-10-30

When I run recordMyDesktop, then click Select Window, and click on the window, the outline appears correct around the window. However, as soon as I click the Record button, outline suddenly bumps out a few pixels on several sides (and the recording reflects this). I've seen this introduce as many as 20 additional pixels on one side, and other times I've seen it not even happen at all.
    It's completely consistent on a per-window basis (that is, as long as I keep doing it on the same window with the same same and same position, it's completely consistent).

This is a serious drawback for me, as I'm trying to record a single window without any outside artifacts. There are 2 possible (yet horribly inconveneint) workarounds:
    1) Resize the window to the new recording area.
    2) Carefully crop out the extra pixels from every video in a video editor.

Is this a known bug? Is there a fix for it?

• IsmAvatar

IsmAvatar - 2013-10-31

Ok, I've looked into this a bit and it seems to be a multipes-of-16 issue. If the dimensions are not a multiple of 16, it will force them to be. This is bug [#88].

This means another inconvenient workaround is to resize the window so both dimensions are a multiple of 16 before recording.

Related

Bugs: #88

Last edit: IsmAvatar 2013-10-31

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks