The RecordEditor is Data file Editor for Csv, Fixed Width (Text, binary, cobol) and Xml Data files.
For Fixed width files, it can import Cobol Copybooks.
** Rewrite of the Save As / Export functions. Changes include
- New SaveAs function
- Old SaveAs has become Export
- You can now specify the Xsl Transform Jars on the Export optioiExport option.
- When using Export AS Csv / Xml / Velocity etc, only the relavent panel is displayed.
The old Tab format is available as an Option (Edit Option>>>>Properties>>>>Other Options)
- New Export via Script (Jython, JRuby etc) option
- Option to Edit saved/exported File (if it is in a supported format: Xml, Csv, Fixed)
** Updated startup procedure (Windows UAC related).
** Copybooks and sample files have moved from the install directory to the user directory (UAC related).
** Option to set the size of the screen when the program starts (Edit Options >>>> Looks >>>> Screen properties)
** Layout Editor changes
- Support for using a Record-Layout multiple times in a Layout-Group.
- Extended Record Selection: More complicated record selection criteria can be entered. You can now: ~ Test multiple fields ~ Use >, >=, <, and <= comparisons ~ Use And and Or boolean operators
- Fixed a number of bugs in the Layout Editor.
** Delete key will delete selected records on the Line List screen
** Escape key will close most utility screens and the Single record Display
** Fixed several issue's on the Layout screen.