Menu

Sending HEX String

Anonymous
2016-09-24
2016-10-20
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-09-24

I am trying to make realterm send a hex string through a command, is this possible? I can launch the program with an ini file that connects to the IP address and loads the string into the string box but is there I way I can get it to automatically send when realterm is opened instead of having to press send?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-10-03

Commandline commands STRING1 and STRING2 push strings into the comboboxes, so you can pre-load them. SENDSTR , SENDNUM , SENDHEX , and SENDLIT will send string directly from the commandline

http://realterm.sourceforge.net/#Sending_Char_Sequences
    http://realterm.sourceforge.net/#cmdSENDSTR

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-10-18

While dumping a file I can't get it to recognize EOL, which to my understanding is LF. If I structure the file so that it's just the binary message that I want to send it will work. However if I tack on a 0a (in binary of course) it will send it as part of the string.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-10-18

I'm simply using PERL to create the text file. This is the code:

!/bin/perl

use warnings;
    use strict;

use File::Find;
    use File::Copy qw(move);

open(my $out, '>:raw', '31550test.txt') or die "Unable to open: $!";
    print $out pack('H18','fa060019133040a20a') ;
    print $out pack('H18','fa06001a1328b0a80a') ;
    close($out);

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-10-18

More specifically, I think it works, but it's sending out the LF as well. How do I get to use the LF as EOL, but inhibit sending it?

• Simon Bridger

Simon Bridger - 2016-10-18

I don't understand what you mean by this: "use the LF as EOL, but inhibit sending it?"

Realterm has no sense of what is in the file: it just dumps it to the serial port - all of it.
    The only exception is that when it sees a LF character, it will try to pause for the LineDelay.

What are you expecting to happen when LF is encountered?

BTW, I realised that V3.0.0.31, with the enhanced SENDSTR,SENDHEX,SENDLIT has not been released yet - I will try to do it in the next few days, watch/subscribe to NEWS

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-10-20

Sorry for the delay. I was hoping that when the LF is encountered that there might be a way to avoid sending it. In other words, the delay will still occur, but LF will not be sent out. Based on a more careful reading this is not the case.

My plan was to have several modbus rtu messages in a file and have realterm send them out and repeat. There would need to be a time delay between the messages, which I thought the LF character and delay feature might provide. However, since LF is also sent out, it won't work.

I will check out v3.0.0.31, as it sounds like that might solve my problem! BTW, Realterm is a fantastic application that I use regularly.

Thank you for the reply, though!!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel