Menu

Support for other options

2005-01-22
2013-04-09
  • MiyazakiGrognard

If there are plans for further updates, here's a wishlist of Diplomacy variant features for which I'd like to see support:

Army/Fleet units (a la "Abstraction").
    Multiplicity.
    Multiple strength units (as in Machiavelli).
    Shared and multi-unit support supply centres (a la "Diodachi" and "Hyperborean").
    Off-board areas (e.g., the "Raiding" areas in "Ard-Ri").

If there exists already some way of reproducing any of the features above, I'd appreciate if someone could tell me how.

Also, please note that in spite of Steve Jobs' wishes to the contrary, pre-Mac OS 10 systems are still very much alive and well. Your continued support of "classic" Mac OS will be greatly appreciated from this quarter.

• china1900

china1900 - 2005-05-25

Suggestions to computer-implement a number of variants including CHINA 1900 Treaty Ports:

Implement dialog boxes for provinces that default to Standard but can be called up to make global or local changes:

1. Make any province a build province, AND for any set of powers (and set initial ownership/ownership change requirement if any)  e.g. this would allow the variant that splits StP but allows the build in the resulting non-SC that touches Bar.

2. Set the stacking limit for any province (and set to allow/disallow multinational occupation)  would this allow Multiplicity as well as High Seas provinces and CHINA 1900s Mother Country Reinforcements?

3. Set the directionality of connections to allow one-way connections.

John
      http://china1900.jwinformationsolutions.com/CHINA1900GAME.htm
      Feel free to comment on the CHINA 1900 Treaty Port/Boxer Rebellion Variant: Imperialism from Afghanistan to Wake in the Age of the Dreadnought

http://china1900.jwinformationsolutions.com/speeddiphalf.htm
      See SPEED II/Equipoise Diplomacy

• Hanno

Hanno - 2005-06-28

The most acclaimed variant after Standard can't be implemented in Realpolitik?!

Well, it's true: I tried and several others apparently did with the same negative result. The reason? A true nuisance: 1900's Spain has 3 coasts and RP doesn't provide for more than 2 coasts per province.

Guess it would be easy to change that in newer upgrades. :-)