From: roger haxby <roger.haxby@nt...> - 2002-05-21 17:28:45
I am interested in porting this to VAX/VMS. If anyone has
done any work in this, perhaps they could let me know.
So far 1.1.0 has been modified (without any patches) to at
least start working.
VAX/VMS 6.1 to Win NT TSE. Works, opens applications etc,
accepts passwords from command line. Keymapping does not
work. Performance seems slow in applications (but we have
quite old VAX workstations - VAX4000-90)
I've done the following so far
- changed header files, needs unixio.h. pwd.h does not exist.
- commented out XInitImage (does not seem to exist in my
X documentation), seems to make no difference
- select does not seem to work on the x_socket in VMS,
This may be causing
the performance problems, becuase I am currently polling
the X display to see what is happening.
The FD_SET, FD_ISSET macros do not seem to exist.
- the getpass routine does not exist
- getopt does not seem to exist in VMS version we have -
it is POSIX, because I cannot find it.
- the random number is probably less random than before since
the get ticks uptime is not readily available in the standard
When operating to Win2K TSE, passwords do not work.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.