Menu

General Question

Help
2007-04-23
2013-04-23
  • Fabian Henze

Fabian Henze - 2007-04-23

I have been using Windows and Linux for a long time, but on easter I decided to throw out Windows. Thats why  I am Looking for a tool to configure my Copperhead. Now I am wondering if I need special firmware for razertool or if it works with the official (and which version of it), so will my razer remain usable with other OSes and configurable by the official tool? The next issue is how experimental razertool is? Does it work well or is it possible, that it permanently damage my mouse?

• Zinx Verituse

Zinx Verituse - 2007-04-23

razertool works with the official firmware only (known to work with firmware 6.17i and 6.18 for the copperhead).  It will remain usable on other OSs, and configurable with the official tool.

It does not support separate sensitivity for X/Y axis or On-the-Fly as those are software features of the Windows drivers, but it does support all the firmware features such as profiles, button assignments, macros, DPI changes, etc.

The only way it will permanently damage your mouse is if you write the profiles in an endless loop or something for an extended period of time, but that's no different from what would happen with the official Windows drivers if you did the same.