Menu

The new Raspberry PI 2 and Raspbx

Trebor T
2015-02-02
2015-04-27
  • Trebor T

Trebor T - 2015-02-02

Will there be a re-compiled version to take into account this new PI V2 with its Quad core and extra memory ?

• Gernot

Gernot - 2015-02-03

Yes, it will come up soon. I'll keep you informed.

• Trebor T

Trebor T - 2015-02-05

Just tried a clone card (works in B) of my working Raspbx on a model B and gets as far as the mulicolour screen display and no further.

Anyone had any luck using copy of a working Raspbx SD on this new Pi V2 ? or do we have to wait for an updated version ?

• WelshPaul

WelshPaul - 2015-02-05

Run apt-update, apt-upgrade and rpi-update before moving card across will get you further but it just results in a boot loop.

My old RasPBX does not work with the PI 2 board. :(

Last edit: WelshPaul 2015-02-07
  • londonnet

londonnet - 2015-02-06

Just got my Pi 2 today. Very keen to see an upgrade. Wonder how may simultaneous calls the new pi will handle.

Thanks for the project

Last edit: londonnet 2015-02-06
  • WelshPaul

WelshPaul - 2015-02-07

I got my old card from my B+ working in the new PI 2...

I had my original PI overclocked so I went into SSH and ran raspi-config and removed the overclock.

Next I ran the commands apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, raspbx-update and finally rpi-update. (there was a new firmware released yesterday!)

Popped it in my PI 2 and bam it works.

I had to manually sort out my ethernet connections as I had eth0, eth1 and now eth2 from all the different PI's I have used over time. (ethernet wasn't working)

You can edit /etc/network/interfaces and add the new card to the list but I recommend doing the following:

1. Look at /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

2. There is a line for the card on your old mobo. Comment it out.

3. There is another line for the card on your new mobo. "eth1" will appear somewhere on this line. Edit it to say "eth0".

4. Reboot.

Note: It goes old to new, so if you used your ssd card in a PI B and moved it to the PI 2 then you now have eth0 (old pi b) and eth1 (new pi 2). So we delete or comment out the line containing the eth0 and rename other eth1 line to eth0 and reboot.

Last edit: WelshPaul 2015-02-07
  • Gernot

Gernot - 2015-02-08

Could you please try this image on your Pi 2:
    http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/download/raspbx-09-02-2015.zip.torrent

My Pi 2 is still in the mail, so I couldn't test it myself yet...

• Alex

Alex - 2015-02-09

The Pi 2 is booting and the webinterface is working... could not test more yet

• himala76

himala76 - 2015-02-28

Gernot

this image has a issue with fax. cant get the fax working (receiving )

Thanks
      Himala

• Gernot

Gernot - 2015-03-02

You are right, the faxgetty no longer starts with systemd. I will fix this and provide an update soon.

• Gernot

Gernot - 2015-03-08

The fax issues have been resolved, it works again also with the latest images. Update with

apt-get update && apt-get install raspbx-upgrade

• himala76

himala76 - 2015-03-12

Thanks Gernot . I will try and let you know
            Himala

• londonnet

londonnet - 2015-02-10

Is this all that needs to be done to get this up and running on a pi 2? Are there any other issues or problems yet to be resolved or fixed?

Are we expecting an updated image to be released and if so will it contain anything more than the manual updates?

Thanks all for supporting

• WelshPaul

WelshPaul - 2015-02-12

My 31-07-2014 image has been up and running for five days now in my PI 2 without issue. Used in a PI B > PI B+ > PI 2 B and it's rock solid.

• Trebor T

Trebor T - 2015-02-14

Have had it running in my Pi 2 as well for a couple of days, and all seems fine.

One thing I have noticed is that there are some extra settings shown under some menus, when side by side compared with original one.

A BIG THANKS for the new PI 2 version.

• londonnet

londonnet - 2015-02-21

I notice when I do an apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, raspbx-update and finally rpi-update that raspi-config doesn't get updated as it has on my other pi devices.

For your information the new version of raspi-config has a setting to set the clock speed to that of a pi2

Updating this file manually is not an issue however it makes me think what other packages and files have not been upgraded to take advantage of the the pi2

• Gernot

Gernot - 2015-02-22

You are right, this package has not been updated for some time. It is not part of the regular Raspbian repositories, instead the foundation image contains an additional repository for this package, which again is not part of RasPBX. Therefore I re-uploaded the latest version to our repository. You can get it with

apt-get update && apt-get install raspi-config

This will give you all the latest options including the Pi 2 overclock preset.

Some additional information: The root filesystem of RasPBX is the same for both Pi 1 and Pi 2. This means the binaries are not fully optimized for the ARMv7 instruction set. But this is also the case with the official Debian Wheezy image you can download from raspberrypi.org, and which also runs on both Pi 1 and Pi 2.

• jinxjy

jinxjy - 2015-03-04

Will there be any performance benefit in me compiling asterisk source directly on the new PI 2?

• Gernot

Gernot - 2015-03-08

Eventually yes, but only if you plan to run many (>10) simultaneous calls over the Pi. The much bigger advantage of the new Pi 2 is the faster GUI.

• Mateus Furquim

Mateus Furquim - 2015-03-11

Hi there,

I have installed the Raspbian and the Raspbx (09-02-2015) on my RPi 2. The internet works alright on the Raspbian. I can do apt-get update and install packages. But when I use the Raspbx, it simple does not work.

With Raspbx I can ping on the computers on my local network, but it fails to update.

This is what I get with ifconfig and then try to ping 142.104.25.67 which is a known machine in the same local network.

root@raspbx:~# ifconfig
    eth0      Link encap:Ethernet HWAddr (HexNumbersHere)
              inet addr:142.104.25.15  Bcast:142.104.25.127  Mask:255.255.255.128
              inet6 addr: fe80::ba27:ebff:febd:c73c/64 Scope:Link
              UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
              RX packets:366 errors:0 dropped:28 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX PACKETS:158 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
              RX bytes:37363 (36.4 KiB)  Tx bytes:18400 (17.9 KiB)
    lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
              inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
              inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
              UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
              RX packets:30 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:30 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 cerrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
              RX bytes:1940 (1.8 KiB)  TX bytes:1940 (1.8 KiB)

root@raspbx:~# ping 142.104.25.67
    PING 142.104.25.67 (142.104.25.67) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 142.104.25.67: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=1.41 ms
    64 bytes from 142.104.25.67: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.751 ms
    64 bytes from 142.104.25.67: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.575 ms
    64 bytes from 142.104.25.67: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=0.644 ms
    64 bytes from 142.104.25.67: icmp_seq=5 ttl=64 time=0.718 ms
    ^C
    --- 142.104.25.67 ping statistics ---
    5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 4002ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.575/0.821/1.418/0.305 ms

This is what I get (after a couple of minutes) when I do apt-get update.

root@raspbx:~# apt-get update
    Err http://repo.raspbx.org wheezy InRelease

Err http://repo.raspbx.org wheezy Release.gpg
      Could not resolve 'repo.raspbx.org'
    Err http://archive.raspbian.org jessie InRelease

Err http://archive.raspbian.org jessie Release.gpg
      Could not resolve 'archive.raspbian.org'
    Reading package lists... Done
    W: Failed to fetch http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian/dists/jessie/InRelease

W: Failed to fetch http://repo.raspbx.org/apt/debian/dists/wheezy/InRelease

W: Failed to fetch http://repo.raspbx.org/apt/debian/dists/wheezy/Release.gpg  Could not resolve 'repo.raspbx.org'

W: Failed to fetch http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian/dists/jessie/Release.gpg  Could not resolve 'archive.raspbian.org'

W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

I tried to connect to both archive.raspbian.org and repo.raspbx.org with Firefox (in my machine, not Raspbx), and it connects normally.

Does anyone has any idea why is this happening? And how to fix it?
    Is it something on my apt-get list, or anything like that, that is causing this?
    Did anyone have any problems like that?

Thank you for your help =]

Last edit: Mateus Furquim 2015-03-11
    • Kerem ERSOY

Kerem ERSOY - 2015-04-27

Hi,

It seems it is a bit late but. Please make sure that you're raspberry has a default gateway set. You cna easily chek it using "netstat -rn". If the first line has an entry for 0.0.0.0 then you're set. You meight like to check if your DNS setup is in place. Try to resolve something with a command such as : "ping www.ibm.com". If you can't edit your /etc/resolv.conf and add some dns servers with an entry like this:

"nameserver 8.8.8.8"

• Kerem ERSOY

Kerem ERSOY - 2015-04-27

I have done all the updates as WelshPaul described above. I'd need to boot using HDMI (since you won't have your eth0 working after the first boot with Raspberry 2). Then I've deleted /etc/udev/rules.s/70-persistent-net.rules and reboot. Everything works like a charm. Only the web interface is faster. I also have nfs volumes for mysqldb and asterisk and it seems there's no problem with RasPi2 Model B at all. I can confirm.