can install

Help
2008-12-10
2013-05-28
  • Tiago Farani

Tiago Farani - 2008-12-10

Hello, i'm new on linux and just can istall it on ubuntu 8.04. After I download the tarball file i just dont know what to do. I also tried the cvs but when i run the command autogen on the terminal it just dont do anything.

• Josep Andreu

Josep Andreu - 2008-12-15

Hi ...

Try to find deb packages for Ubuntu 8.04  ..... I don't know nothing about Ubuntu versions but maybe
      you can find  here...

http://ppa.launchpad.net/rzr/ubuntu/pool/main/r/rakarrack/

If you want to compile you need to install some programs ....  gcc  autotools ...  and the library dependencies ..

libasound2-dev
      libfltk1.1.x-dev
      libjackxxx-dev
      libxpm-dev

Also the program aconnect is required ... is part of the alsa-utils package. Of course ... the c++ libraries ....  this is a complete list of debian packages that rakarrack depend for run   .... maybe in Ubuntu can change some name .... for compile you need the packages with  "-dev".   

libasound2 (>> 1.0.9),
      libc6 (>= 2.3.5-1),
      libfltk1.1 (>= 1.1.6),
      libgcc1 (>= 1:4.0.1),
      libjack0.100.0-0 (>= 0.100.0), 
      libstdc++6 (>= 4.0.1), libx11-6 |
      xlibs (>> 4.1.0),
      libxext6 | xlibs (>> 4.1.0),
      libxft2 (>> 2.1.1)

The run:

./configure 
      ... then  run  

make

and as root run:

make install

jack is needed to run rakarrack ... then ... I recommend to install qjackctl ... a good package for setup/start the jack server.

Good luck ...

Josep

• jibl

jibl - 2009-01-05

I got it installed using suse repos, but the thing wont run... would love to get it working... as I am a guitarist and like to try any software that pertains to it.  Would help if you say that all those programs are needed to make them as dependencies in the first place, and provide a list describing in detail 1,2,3 steps etc. whats needed what to do how to get it running using jack etc. otherwise just saying hope you can get it running good luck lol doesnt exactly instill much confidence, I know you don't make much money doing this... but why bother if its half baked. and saying look in the cvs? for instructions then I finally find something that says something about cvs in google... and then I find nothing there cept more half baked details...   seems a good idea like they say about linux it just works!!! would be a good idea for rakarrack too!  otherwise I see emails all over the internet saying huh how do you get this thing to working and no one ever answers how to do it! I say click work not oh yeah you need to do this and then list stuff that cant be found without digging for 6 mths to find it.  but then Im finding can't run most of this stuff anyway so whats the use of it if it can't record using more than one program at a time so each one cancels the other out! boy what a big headache.... no wonder theres no clear cut answers, NO one knows what's going on, or how to describe what to do! notice no thanks from the previous question!

• jibl

jibl - 2009-01-05

nice try anyway holborn, best answers Ive seen yet for rakarrack even if the list of stuff needed to run the program is a mile long and hard to find. better than saying just download it click run wheee.... Ive searched for 4 weeks now trying to get this to run no luck yet, 4 linux os's... 3 computers... downloaded this, that... soon Im going to run out of space on my hard drive... lol...   this rakarrack has the right name sounds like what happens to your brain rack rack rack no worky.... a real brain racking experience this rakarrack.... good name...

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks