multiple instances; set client name?

Renato
2014-07-20
2014-08-04
  • Renato

Renato - 2014-07-20

Hi, wasn't able to open a ticket in Feature Requests so I'm posting here... It would be great to have non-session-manager support, but in the meantime, could you add a command line option for setting the name of the jack client? I'm using multiple instances of rakarrack in a session, and depending on the order they get started by non-session-manager (which is casual I think), connections get restored differently, because clients are named "rakarrack", "rakarrack-01" etc. depending on the order they are started. If I could manually set the name I could avoid this non deterministic behaviour.

Also it would be nice if multiple instances used all the same preferences file.

cheers!

• Renato

Renato - 2014-07-22

I've actually managed to hack it together, passing the name as argument to the RKR constructor... it behaves weirdly though, it seemed to have had repurcussions on other parts of the code: Overdrive doesn't work anymore (it does not distort the sound) and if I don't pass the new option it segfaults (tough I simply give a default value "rakarrack" and call RKR just the same)

What's the easiest way for me to show you what I've done? I can do git commits but never done pull requests (plus as I said the code is in non-working state). Do I create a new branch and pull request that?

• Transmogrifox

Transmogrifox - 2014-08-04

probably the easiest is to make a diff on most current git code and paste the diff here. Then I can apply a patch and look.

This is really strange that it affects something like Overdrive.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks