--docdir and htmldir not being properly used

• sunset

sunset - 2008-10-15

Hi, it seems that the configure options --htmldir and --docdir are oonly partially used when configure|make|make install is done. I need to fix configure.in before configure.

====from my rpm spec:
    %{__sed} -i 's|HELPDIR="$prefix/share/doc/${PACKAGE}"|HELPDIR="$prefix/share/doc/${PACKAGE}-%{version}"|' configure.in
    %configure --docdir=%{_docdir}/%{name}-%{version} \     --htmldir=%{_docdir}/%{name}-%{version}
    # move extra install of docs to build directory
    # to let rpm install it in the right place
    %{__mv} %{buildroot}%{_datadir}/doc/rakarrack/html .
    %{__rm} -rf %{buildroot}%{_datadir}/doc/rakarrack
    So the sed makes it so that the correct html path {from --htmldir} is put into the binary.

But make install doesn't put the html and COPYING dirs/files into that folder, so I need to manually move them to the --htmldir.

It seems the html install dir is hard coded somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

• Josep Andreu

Josep Andreu - 2008-10-16

Hi ...

Yes is harcoded in dic/help/Makefile.am :-)

• sunset

sunset - 2008-10-18

Is it possible alter Makefile.am so that it references the values generated by configure, and so that docdir/htmldir settings would completely work for normal users building the package ?

{I don't actually understand how Makefile.am is used in the build process; but there must be other packages where people solve this issue ?}.

• Josep Andreu

Josep Andreu - 2008-10-19

Ok ....  I will try :-)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks