Wanted to share somethings :
- I can help rainbowportal.net reconstruction...
- maybe we should create new portal for Rainbow 2. and old portal
should be archived and can be accessed
- So we should transfer users from old portal...
- There should be Contribution part... (Anyone submits their code in a
zip with explanation)
- So someone should analyze them maybe we can commit some of
them to rainbow code...
- I like oscommerce contribution part (We can create for us..)
- And also module shop (I can create them...)
Maybe we should just have 1 well formed informative site with pages for the major release versions. For now this would be Rainbow
1.1 / Rainbow 2.0 . I really like the contribution part where anyone can submit a possible feature or new module.
- I dont know exactly CS but, absolutely merging them is necessary
both following and managing support request.
- So users should be integrated www.rainbowportal.net or transfer from
old aspnetforums... But integrated with portal is better... Only we can =
a link for old rainbow support it goes old aspnetforums. After Rainbow
2.0 is released, we should remove it.(necessary thigs should be
documented) No need to transfer everything.
- And we create forums in consensus. In old aspnetforums I think some
of forums is unnecessary..
- Avathars also important... I liked the avathars idea. It should be
I think the aspnetforums should still remain open. Its a priv just to be there and it can easily draw people to the site once we get cracking again. We already have our own forums at
community.rainbowportal.net so its coo. I agree with you only on the fact that it would be easier to have one area. However, the community forums would be used by more active users and the ones on aspnetforums will be used by ppl interested in rainbow and have minor issues.
- If we use novell forge, SVN and Issue Tracker should be integrated.
JIRA has this feature I hope novell has... Also we should have SVN
admins, They should know everything about SVN and they should also orie=
develepors How can they use SVN efficiently.
A ticket system is already implemented into novell as well as :
- My goal in 6 months form new rainbowportal.net site and testing and
forming user-friendly rainbow product and also marketing Rainbow. I'm al=
open source side, because Rainbow's power came from this. And Create awe=
default themes and designs for rainbow... And encourage people create an=
share their designs in contrubition part...
- Look at that http://tema.mambo.gen.tr/ (click english then choose
your theme) We absolutely need this kind of theme viewer. in our site..=
will increase Rainbow downloads... and of couse hosting...
I think we should wait on declaring these responsibilities until we haev a site up with organization. For now we can use a wiki or confluence [ if we are still going to use that ].
- I dont think we need confluence... Already we decided users and
developers part. Users part definitely should be on
- Developers part can be used in novell wiki if integrated with other
things...(maybe we should add Rainbow wiki capability then create our
documents on Rainbow portal... ) I wish CS has wiki capability...
Confluence does its job but can be complicated for the end user and is down a lot. I think we need to either make it stable and user friendly or use a free alternative. I also wish CS has the wiki hehehe.