Menu

TypeError when Attach an Unknown Client

Help
2019-06-21
2020-02-24
  • Escario Julien

Escario Julien - 2019-06-21

Hello,
    Just completed my first install of RD. Almost everything is now fine but I'm not able to Attach an unknown client : after selecting everything in the form (including realm), I'm getting the javascript error "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'username' of null" and the popup never close (and client is never attached).

I think it's mainly due to the empty 'Called-Station-Id' because when I add a client manually, I have the same error if the 'Called-Station-Id' is not completed (even if it's a complete fake one).

Any idea why I didn't get this parameter or why I can't add it in the form please ?

Thanks for your help,
    Julien

• Stephen Davies

Stephen Davies - 2019-06-21

Do you have a screen shot of the error.

• Escario Julien

Of course !
    Here is it.

Thanks ;-)

• Escario Julien

I can confirm it's due to the lack of 'Called-Station-Id'.
    I just ran :
    UPDATE unknown_dynamic_clients SET calledstationid='test' WHERE nasidentifier='5C1305DA01FA';
    directly in mysql and attaching the device went fine.

Did I miss something in /etc/freeradius/3.0/sites-enabled/dynamic-clients ?

Here's the whole file (I just changed the secret). My dynamic client is a Mikrotik (Hotspot mode).

Julien

• Stephen Davies

Stephen Davies - 2019-06-21

Called station ID should be the MAC address.
    I had trouble also adding 'unknown' clients. There seems to be a bug. I cleared out 'known' clients in the HOME tab and I was then able to add the unknown.

• Escario Julien

Hum, ok, thanks : I don't have any Called-Station-Id in the first Accounting-Request from my Mrikotik, just trying to wonder why.
    The SQL request is simply :
    INSERT INTO unknown_dynamic_clients SET nasidentifier='5C1305DA01FA', last_contact_ip='a.b.c.d', last_contact=now(), calledstationid='' on duplicate key update last_contact=now(),last_contact_ip='a.c.b.d'

calledstationid param is blank.

I think it's more a Mikrotik side parameter.

I don't any known client (fresh install).

Thanks for your help,
    Julien

• Panos Goumas

Panos Goumas - 2020-02-22

Hi. I have exactly the same problem!!! Did you resolve it Escario?

• Escario Julien

Escario Julien - 2020-02-24

Hello,
      That's some time ago. If I remember well, this was a problem with deletion of a realm : we still had some ressources on this realm. Perhaps some depedancy verification missing.

We got the problem gone by doing some manual cleanup in the MySQL database. You'll have to note some IDs to find relationships between ressources. Check a ressource with an unexistent realm ID and delete it.

Let me know if you can't solv eit, i'll try to find my notes on all this.

Julien

• Panos Goumas

Panos Goumas - 2020-02-24

Hi,
        Thank you for your reply.
        Do please, if you could send me all your notes on all this I would appreciate that!!!

Many thanks

• Panos Goumas

Panos Goumas - 2020-02-24

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
        Do please, if you could send me all your notes on all this I would appreciate that!!!

Many thanks

Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 1:12 PM
        To: [radiusdesk:discussion] help@discussion.radiusdesk.p.re.sourceforge.net
        Subject: [radiusdesk:discussion] Re: TypeError when Attach an Unknown Client

Hello,
        That's some time ago. If I remember well, this was a problem with deletion of a realm : we still had some ressources on this realm. Perhaps some depedancy verification missing.

We got the problem gone by doing some manual cleanup in the MySQL database. You'll have to note some IDs to find relationships between ressources. Check a ressource with an unexistent realm ID and delete it.

Let me know if you can't solv eit, i'll try to find my notes on all this.

Julien

TypeError when Attach an Unknown Clienthttps://sourceforge.net/p/radiusdesk/discussion/help/thread/68329a2d2b/?limit=25#65d1/019f

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/radiusdesk/discussion/help/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/