Menu

Generate report problem

2010-10-22
2013-01-09
  • Andrea Cotus

Andrea Cotus - 2010-10-22

Hi,
    first of all let me say congratulations for this great program. It's been a week since I've start to use it and I don't know how I did before.
    However I'm having problem with "Report generator" as it works 1 out of 10 times. I have to keep trying to generate a report to effectively obtain the file report. Most of the time it doesn't give me the confirmation of creation of file. no matter what kind of report I select or filename I write or title I set.
    Any idea about this? It doesn't seam I'm doing something wrong as it also happen it works after some tries.
    Plus is it possible to chose the program language? I'm Italian but I'd like to use it in English language.

best regards

Andrea

• Magne Nordtveit

Magne Nordtveit - 2010-10-22

>However I'm having problem with "Report generator" as it works 1 out of 10 times. I have to keep trying to generate a report to >effectively obtain the file report. Most of the time it doesn't give me the confirmation of creation of file. no matter what kind of >report I select or filename I write or title I set.
    Sounds fishy… Could you please run Rachota from the command line, and post (if any) error messages that is outputted?
    To run Rachota from the command line, open a terminal (or windows equivalent Start->Run->"cmd"), navigate to the directory where rachota is located, and run Rachota using typing

java -jar Rachota.jar

>Plus is it possible to chose the program language? I'm Italian but I'd like to use it in English language.
    Yes, it should be. In the rachota directory, you can find a file called settings.cfg, if you add (or modify if it already exist) the key "dictionary" to "Dictionary_en_US.properties" rachota should use english language (This should work, I have not tested it though :-D). The line should read

dictionary=Dictionary_en_US.properties

Magne

• Andrea Cotus

Andrea Cotus - 2010-10-22

Thanks for your reply.
    Down you can see the result of the test you asked to me:

?? Rachota 2.3 ?? (build #101001) - Software per il calcolo delle ore trascorse
    al computer.
       http://rachota.sourceforge.net
       Sessione: Windows XP, JDK 1.6.0_21, 22 ottobre 2010 14.07.05 CEST
       Localizzazione: Dictionary_it_IT.properties
       Directory agenda: F:\Not installed software\Rachota
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.cesilko.rachota.gui.ReportWizard.finishWizard(ReportWizard.java:1
    21)
            at org.cesilko.rachota.gui.GenericWizard.btFinishActionPerformed(Generic
    Wizard.java:244)
            at org.cesilko.rachota.gui.GenericWizard.access$200(GenericWizard.java:3
    5)
            at org.cesilko.rachota.gui.GenericWizard$3.actionPerformed(GenericWizard
    .java:201)
            at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Sour
    ce)
            at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

About language: I tried to modify settings.cfg before with no luck. But this is not a big problem.
    thanks

andrea

• Jiri Kovalsky

Jiri Kovalsky - 2010-10-22

In order to run Rachota in English you have to run it with the following JVM options:
    java -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US -jar rachota_23.jar

As for the NPE exception and impossibility to generate the report, I will have to look at it but I can confirm that I was facing the same issue today several times, so it should not be a problem to fix it.

Thanks for your feedback Andrea!

• Jiri Kovalsky

Oh, I know what's causing that. A "report.type" wizard property is not setup by default! :( I will fix it next week. As a workaround, please switch to "Invoice", then back to "Report" and go on normally. It should work fine.

I apologize for the inconvenience!

• Jiri Kovalsky

And the new build #101023 is live. :) Have a nice weekend!

• Andrea Cotus

Andrea Cotus - 2010-10-25

I know what's causing that. A "report.type" wizard property is not setup by default! :( I will fix it next week. As a workaround, please switch to "Invoice", then back to "Report" and go on normally. It should work fine.

I apologize for the inconvenience!

You don't have to apologize while I have to thank you :)
    I've just tested the new release and it seams working well

thanks
    andrea