Menu

Windows : Minimizing to system tray

2008-05-23
2013-01-09
  • David Cornish

David Cornish - 2008-05-23

In 2.1, Rachota nicely minimized to the system tray.  However, it doesn't do this in 2.2, which means it is always getting in my way.  Is there a way to turn this back on?

Many thanks

David

• Jiri Kovalsky

Jiri Kovalsky - 2008-05-23

Hello David,

can you please share with me what operating system and version of Java you have? The system tray support is disabled on Windows Vista and you also need to use Java 6. It would be good to launch Rachota from command line (terminal) this way: "java -jar rachota_22.jar > output.log" and try to minimize/maximize it several times. Then exit it and send me please the generated output.log file. Maybe there will be some hidden exceptions in the log. Besides, a screenshot could help. BTW, what is the build number of Rachota you are using? This info is available in "System|About..." dialog.

Thanks for using Rachota timetracker!

Best regards,
      -Jirka

• David Cornish

David Cornish - 2008-06-17

Build 080412, Windows Vista, JDK 1.6.0_06.  It's Vista, so that'll be why.  With your pointer to this, I had a look at the CVS, and found that you'd done this to fix issue 1855661.  I have to say that I never observed the issue mentioned there, though.  Perhaps I'll grab myself the source, remove this restriction and see how I get on.  Many thanks for developing Rachota!

• Jiri Kovalsky

Jiri Kovalsky - 2008-06-17

Just for the record, I have locally removed the limitation, compiled new build and sent it to David via e-mail hoping it would work fine.

• David Cornish

David Cornish - 2008-08-06

Unfortunately it never arrived - do you think you could send it again?

Cheers

David

• Jiri Kovalsky

Jiri Kovalsky - 2008-08-20

I sent it on June 17 to davidcornish [at] users [dot] sourceforge [dot] net e-mail address. Do you want me to send it again or will you give me another e-mail address?

Best regards,
            -Jirka