From: Ivan Kurmanov <kurmanka@ya...> - 2006-03-25 21:15:19
In case anyone is interested, I have just published my version of qvwm =
is based on original qvwm 1.1.12 (plus some patches by Debian).
I fixed a couple of issues in it and made some functional changes.
Here is are the selected of the changes:
- Fixed: window and taskbar button naming is now based on WM_NAME windo=
property primarily and WM_ICON_NAME as the second best. This avoids=20
=E2=80=9CUntitled=E2=80=9D name for some applications/windows.
- Window maximization is now more intuitive: if a window is maximized a=
it is restored back when you press Alt-Enter.
- Respect INIT_MAXIMIZE and INIT_MINIMIZE window options (as configured=
.qvwmrc) on qvwm restart.
- For sub-menus a little folder icon is now hard-coded default, but the=
no longer a default for non-folder menu items. (Looks cleaner!)
- Fixed tooltip flicker, which happened sometimes at screen bottom.
- Reimplemented task switcher layout. It is now vertical, like a menu.
- System does not longer freezes while you switch tasks.
- Fixed a bug which stopped qvwm from reading the .qvwmrc file on resta=
it had found a syntax error there in the past. So, even if you have
corrected the rc file, you still were forced to quit and start again.=
The basic ideology behind my changes is: simplicity, clarity, removal o=
unnecessary stuff (or possibility of it), ease of use.
download source from:
read a little bit more details:
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.