Hi,

Glad you got it going. And bug reporting is not leeching :)

Cheers,
Andrés


On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 1:05 PM, esteband <steveduell@gmail.com> wrote:
Alright - I can now say I've got a working build of the latest Csound and CsoundQt on Arch Linux. 

Joachim, your instructions about setting the input & output devices did the trick.  At first, I didn't realize I could type in my selection - I thoughtI had to select from the menu, so I just selected the closest choice.  After doing it your way, running the .csd makes entries appear in qjackctl, with all the connections set as expected.  The score plays just fine through my firepod.  The qjackctl connections disappear as soon as the score is finished.  That's surprising, but it's fine with me as long as I get sound.  Actually, it's really cool that I don't have to set them manually anymore like I did when I was running AVLinux.

Thanks guys for all the help.  I hope one day I'll be able to contribute some and not be such a leech.

Best,

-Steve


On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Steve Duell <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK - I'm making progress on this.  I figured out the libcsound64.so.6.0 problem. It was easy.  I didn't have /usr/local/lib in my LIBRARY path.  Once I fixed that, CsoundQt loaded just fine.

Also, regarding jack, I made a discovery.  CsoundQt DOES appear in the qjackctl connectons window, but only while a .csd is actually running.  As soon as the score is finished, the entry disappears from the window.

hmmm...


On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Steve Duell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Andres,

I'm glad you're not bugged.  I hate being a help vampire.

Indeed, I read on csound git that there were some bugfixes regarding rtjack.  So, I decided to remove the version of csound 6.0.2 that I had picked up from the arch user repository, and I installed 6.0.3 from git.  Csound compiled just fine (or so I assume - there were no errors during the build process).

After that, CsoundQt would no longer run. When started from a terminal, I got this:

error while loading shared libraries: libcsound64.so.6.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I checked, though, and that file definitely does exist on my machine.  The path to it is /usr/local/lib.

Doing some detective work, I opened up the qcs-unix.pro file.  In it, there is a reference to libcsound64.so.  In my /usr/local/lib directory, I have libcsound64.so, but it appears to be just a link to libcsound64.so.6.0. 

I rebuilt CsoundQt from the very latest git, and still, I get the same error in the terminal.  Weird.  I also grepped the whole CsoundQt directory for any mention of libcsound64.so.6.0, and the only match I get is the binary file.  I don't know if my detective work is helpful or not, but I hope it at least points in the right direction.

:)

Steve







Sent from the QuteCsound Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HPCC Systems Open Source Big Data Platform from LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Find What Matters Most in Your Big Data with HPCC Systems
Open Source. Fast. Scalable. Simple. Ideal for Dirty Data.
Leverages Graph Analysis for Fast Processing & Easy Data Exploration
http://p.sf.net/sfu/hpccsystems
_______________________________________________
Qutecsound-users mailing list
Qutecsound-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qutecsound-users