Menu

Not Working

Help
Aylara
2006-06-14
2013-05-17
  • Aylara

Aylara - 2006-06-14

Hello, Something is wrong with my quixExplorere. My host recently upgraded all their hardware and my webspace was migrated last night. Now, quixExplorer will let me log in, but if I try to do anything (go to admin, change directory etc) it bumps me back to the login screen. I have tried to reinstall it a couple of times, I just dont know what might be wrong.

Any help you can offer is very appreciated.

Aylara

• John Fiala

John Fiala - 2006-06-14

Is it possible that the PHP install has been disrupted and sessions are no longer working?  That's the immediate thing that comes to mind when you describe this problem.  If you're familiar with PHP, I'd say try to set up a small project that saves a simple value in a session, and then retrieves it.  If you're not, let me know and I'll see if I can set up a simple application that would test that for you later.

John

• Aylara

Aylara - 2006-06-19

Thank you so much for your help JOhn,

Your test file did not work and I am currently having the host trouble shoot the sessions on php. 

(test file)
      Put the block at the end of this message into it's
      own, new PHP file, and load it on your website.  Navigage to it's website, and it should say "You have visited this page 1 times.".  Hit refresh a few times - each time, the counter should go up.  If it doesn't change, then something about how PHP does sessions is misconfigured on your host.

<?PHP
      session_start();
      $_SESSION['visits']++;
      print 'You have visited here '.$_SESSION['visits'].' times.';
      ?>

Aylara

• John Fiala

John Fiala - 2006-06-19

Fantastic!  I'm glad to hear that this found the problem. 

Actually, I picked this short php page out of 'PHP Cookbook', published by O'Reilly.  It's quite useful if you're working in PHP.