Programmatically logging in

Help
2007-09-10
2013-05-17
  • psychicblast

psychicblast - 2007-09-10

Greets!  I'm looking for a way to programmatically bypass the login screen, or programmatically select what user/password I want to use without actually physically typing in the information in the login block.  Basically what I am doing is pre-authorizing users for a given account with a different tool, and based on that I want to be able to auto-login with a set of credentials so that my users don't have to login multiple times.

Can anyone direct me to where I might go about this?  I am somewhat php savvy, so just a few pointers into the source base would be sufficient.

Thanks!

• Claudio Klingler

The login mechanism is implemented in the script login.php which shows the user / password entry page and then authenticates the user.

The function returns as soon as the login succeeds. If password authorization was successfull, the function activate_user() has to be called to set the home-directories, etc. for the current user.

So if you want to build up a new login-mechanism you have to change the login() function in the login.php script and ensure that the activate_user() function is called after a successful authorisation.

However, if you want you can send me your changed code so i can integrate your changes in QuiXplorer as long as the login-mechanism is not too special. Maybe i also provide an interface for external authentication methods in the future. If you have any ideas or suggestions how to do this, please contact me.

Best regards,
      amadeus

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks