From: K. Frank <kfrank29.c@gm...> - 2013-01-27 08:45:22
It looks like I've managed to port QuickFIX to mingw-w64.
I haven't run the unit tests (because I didn't have the energy to port
UnitTest++), and I haven't run the acceptance tests (because I didn't
want to deal with the ruby dependency), but I have built a relatively
simple QuickFIX application using my ported library.
Its socket connections work, it runs multiple threads, and it parses
its xml data dictionaries, so the three most platform-dependent pieces
of the system seem, at least on the surface, to be working.
I ended up going with libxml2 (because mingw-w64's msmxl2 seemed
to have some bugs, and, in any event, QuickFIX lists MSXML3 as its
dependency). I used the pre-built mingw-w64 libxml2 from:
that Prof Brian Ripley suggested in an earlier thread. I had had
some concern that a version mismatch between the compiler
used to build libxml2 and the version I'm using might cause an
incompatibility, but then I recalled that libxml2 is a c library, rather
than c++ where such abi breakage would have been more likely.
Most of the porting work involved selectively changing various
#ifdef's dependent on _MSC_VER (not defined by mingw-w64)
to use _WIN32 instead. There were some minor fixes to
microsoft stuff and a little bit of 64-bit tweakage.
As I said, I don't have any reason to expect my current version
to be bug free, but the basic functionality is there, and I haven't
seen anything break yet.
Thanks for folks suggestions that helped get me going.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.