Smith Chart Labels

Help
Kevin
2013-04-04
2013-04-05
  • Kevin

Kevin - 2013-04-04

I have graphed Stability Circles for a 2 port device, and was wondering if there is any way to label the constant resistance and constant admittance circles on the Smith Chart graph. I need a visual way or some sort of marker to know at what point the constant resistance/admittance circles start to intersect the stability circles.

• Frans

Frans - 2013-04-04

Hi Kevin, You can add labels to the circles (use Ctrl+B). When the label is selected you can move it over the circle using the arrow keys.
    The only thing is that the label won't show impedance. In stead it shows the value of the S matrix. This value can be easily converted using the function stoz(), or by means of the matching circuit calculator in tools.

• Kevin

Kevin - 2013-04-04

Hi Frans, I plotted the stability circles with the equation CircleLoad=StabCircleL(S,100) when I place a marker on them what are the rectangular coordinates that it is giving me?
    Please see the attached screenshot, and thanks for your help!

• Frans

Frans - 2013-04-04

It is the s parameter. As i told you in the previous messsage it can be converted to z by stoz or using the tool

• Frans

Frans - 2013-04-04

I will make a change in the code to display z as well. That is something i have been missing as well.

• Kevin

Kevin - 2013-04-05

Thanks for your help, I was confused because the stoz command didn't work for me, but using the rtoz, and rtoy functions did.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks