Help
Hank Wang
2019-05-31
2019-07-13
  • Hank Wang

Hank Wang - 2019-05-31

Hi all,
    hope you can help me with the following problem:
    I have created the subcircuit for the capacitor Q model, which contain the RF-EDD.
    When I simulated the project with only one subcircuit component that I created, it works. But if I put two of them, I get the error message
    "WARNING: Ignore simulation component in subcircuit "cap_model.sch".

evaluate error, no such generated variable `RF1.F'

ERROR: Simulator crashed!"

How can I fix the error?
    Hank

• Claudio Girardi

Claudio Girardi - 2019-05-31

F in the P12 equation of the model is not defined.
    The "warning" you can ignore, as it's related to the disabled simulation in the model subcircuit.

• Hank Wang

Hank Wang - 2019-06-01

F represents "frequency" in the RF-EDD equation.
      I such case, the weird thing is it can execute when placing one of subcircuit, but placing two of subcircuit get the error.

• domispace

domispace - 2019-06-03

I think the correct variable spelling shall be "frequency", not "F". As said previously, F is not defined.
    In addition, for S-parameter simulations, I am not convinced the RF-EDD component accepts the "frequency" variable as input...

edit: indeed, it seems "F" is the variable. See https://sourceforge.net/p/qucs/mailman/message/19507287/
    The circuit works when the subcircuit content is placed at first level, with 1 or 2 instances. So, I guess the "F" variable does not "go through" the subcircuit.
    Maybe a bug to be fixed in the Qucs Project GitHub page?

Last edit: domispace 2019-06-03
    • Hank Wang

Hank Wang - 2019-06-10

Thanks for your advice. I found the 0.0.20 already adds the Q model capacitor to the component library. It means no needed to create the own subcircuit~

• Claudio Girardi

Claudio Girardi - 2019-06-05

yes, F and S (-j 2 π F) are actually valid variables for the EDD component so this seems to be a real bug; I'll open an Issue on GitHub.

• Hank Wang

Hank Wang - 2019-06-10

Thanks for the helping.

• Buenos

Buenos - 2019-07-13

I'm having the same issue. It only works when I have one instance of the subcircuit in the main schematics page, while it crashes when I have 2,3,4 or more instances.
    I need several instances, it can even go up to 24 instances in some cases, but 4 is minimum for my design, each with different parameter values.

Last edit: Buenos 2019-07-13