I recently compiled the 0.12 version to IRIX 6.5.22m using the MIPS pro compiler 7.3.1.
I had a list of minor things that I had to fix to get this, but it seems pretty stable and works very well so far.
Would there be any interest in discussing with anyone the changes so that support of IRIX might continue.
Very interesting :) Can you please send me the changes which where necessary to get it compiled?
Sure will Stefan,
I am in California and so will send them tomorrow evening.
any news about the packge?
Not amazingly well.
I am stuck on the use of pair in circuit.cpp.
It is coded as class operatingpoint : public ::pair and the MIPS compiler keeps erroring out on the lack of a definition of std::pair. Not sure if this is correct or not. Haven't seen this MIPS error before so it is taking a little while to track down the exact cause of it.
On the other side I did release a test version to the irix nekochan gourp for feedback which seems to have been positive so far.
Here is a link to the thread
mostly talks about who might be interested and how to package it out there. That took me a couple of attempts.
Here is a link to the beta download site where it is available
There is a dependency list which requires qt and some other packages to be downloaded from the same site.
Hope this is ok. The nekochan site also hosts a wiki which I might like to put an entry on for qucs (if you don't mind).
In the package I did not distribute any source. Wouldn't do that without your permission.
If you would like to host the download from your site then I could possibly write some destructions as to which other packages etc. and how to perform the install. It is pretty automated, just thought that you might like to host the package as neko seems to distribute from a download server and it is not so easy to link directly to.
I have a new list of issues, but like I said the really show stopper is the ::pair usage. hmmm
Anyways, cheers if you have any ideas or can help point me at the code which might be problematic it would be appreciated. If not I'll just keep plugging away.
As I wrote the last message it occured that it was using a MIPS defined pair in the std namespace and the ::pair was confusing it with this (??)
One really dirty fix qould be to add in the pair.h file
Yes I got it to compile. I have a new file with some issues. Biggest one so far is that I had to #define both pair and hash.
The next biggest headache was the use of valuelist.cpp as a include. The mips compiler doesn't really like that very much, and if I may be so bold (hopefully not rude) it isn't common to find that approach.
I fixed it by using a #ifndef VALUELIST_CPP in the source to stop multiple inclusion and the compile eventually went through ok.
I will post a full list of issues. Did you read my email regarding the posting to the IRIX community at nekochan. I do hope that you are not offended in any way by this. I can always withdraw it if this is the case and we can distribute from your site. I would like to promote use of it within the Irix community if I can though - small but loyal audience always looking for ways to use our jazzy (albeit old) hardware.
#define pair qucs_pair
This is really kludgy but does get past the problem. I will try to get through the rest of the compile and try to come back to this to find a more elegenat solution.
Log in to post a comment.