Use in school

mputzi81
2006-01-12
2012-12-15
  • mputzi81

mputzi81 - 2006-01-12

First of all I want to thank the developers for doing a great job.
    Before X-Mas I used QUCS as an example of Electronics Simulation in a Physics Didactics seminar here at the University of Bayreuth. And my collegues were excited about it. Since many schools in Bavaria are migrating to the World of Linux and tools for teaching electronics, like oscilloscopes or good multimeters or even simple demo-elements, are quite expensive, there will be a need for simple to use but complete simulation software. And QUCS satisfies nearly all the needs of a Physics teacher. Only that the graphical appearance could be more natural. (Compared to the Shockwave simulations on http://btpdx1.phy.uni-bayreuth.de/VirtuelleExperimente/elek/quickstart.html ; though I know, that a look like in these virtual experiments would limit the range of simulations and is for sure not the aim of the project.)
    But there's one feature I'm missing quite a lot: an export of the schematic as an eps-Figure. So if one wants to print the schematic within a LaTeX-document, the only way for now is making a screenshot and converting the picture to eps.

Thanks.

• Stefan Jahn

Stefan Jahn - 2006-01-13

Thanks a lot for your accolade.  The graphical appearance you refer to, is in fact not the aim of the project...

The feature you are looking for is available.  In the print dialog you are able to choose "print to file" which produces a ps file, which can be easily converted to an eps file.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks