Menu

Problem installing QuarkOS

Anonymous
2024-02-28
2024-06-26
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2024-02-28

Hello!

It seems that I am the first to post on this forum... I found the link from the Q4OS forum. I would like to try the QuarkOS distribution before perhaps installing it on one of my computers. So I created a virtual machine with virtualBox (my computer is running Q4OS). When launching the VM, grub starts, I choose Try or Install QuarkOS 22.04 Jammy Trinity Desktop, after that the system displays 3 lines:
    Loading Quarkos 22.04 Jammy operating system...
    Loading initial ramdisk...
    Initializing system...

and then nothing happens.
    Any idea to understand what's wrong? I would like to point out that this is not normally a problem with the resources allocated to the VM, I have allocated 5 cores of my processor and almost 4 GB of ram.
    Thanks in advance!
    Testyyy

• Q4OS Team

Q4OS Team - 2024-03-02

Hello, we are not able to reproduce this issue, Quarkos is booting fine here in Virtualbox with guest 1cpu core and 4GB RAM and OS type Ubuntu 64bit. Please provide more info:
    - Host OS specs
    - Virtualbox version
    - Guest OS configuration, or defaults ?
    - Guest OS type
    - Quarkos iso attempting to boot

it would be sensible to create an account for this forum, as anonymous posting need to be approved before publishing. So some delay arises in order to approve posts.

Last edit: Q4OS Team 2024-03-02
    • KaramelWay

KaramelWay - 2024-03-03

It turns out that 4 GB of RAM will not be enough for Trinity. Because as he described above, Trinity with 4 GB of RAM will not start

• Q4OS Team

Q4OS Team - 2024-03-03

@KaramelWay
        That is simply not true, we can run Quarkos Trinity with 1GB RAM in Virtualbox comfortably.

• Tom Lafond

Tom Lafond - 2024-03-03

Hello
    Thank you for your replies!
    Excuse me, I should have posted this information from the beginning...
    - the host system is Q4OS 5.4.1 with the Trinity desktop environment
    - the host machine itself has 8GB of RAM, an AMD Ryzen 5 processor, it's an HP pavilion gaming computer
    - I just updated virtualbox and the problem persists: I went from version 7.0.8 to 7.0.14
    - In the virtual machine configuration, I left all the choices by default, I didn't touch anything.
    -The version of QuarkOS is the latest version: quarkos-22.04-x64-tde.r10
    - By default, the guest OS type is Ubuntu 32bits. Seeing your message, I tried to set Ubuntu 64bits as the OS type: an error message appeared when the machine was launched (see attached image).
    Well, it's not that bad, if it doesn't work I'll try flashing the iso image on a USB key, to be able to test it directly!
    Thank you again.
    Testyyy

• Q4OS Team

Q4OS Team - 2024-03-03

Additionally, how did you install Virtualbox on the host machine ?

• Tom Lafond

Tom Lafond - 2024-03-03

I installed Virtualbox by downloading the package .deb from the official website

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2024-06-26

I had the same thing. I accidentally set my Ubuntu to 32 Bit in VirtualBox.
    When I set it to 64 Bit, it started working. Probably something to do with Ubuntu's dropped 32 Bit support.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel