Yahoo quote grabber not working in CVS?

Help
AshyIsMe
2007-01-15
2013-05-20
  • AshyIsMe

AshyIsMe - 2007-01-15

I just downloaded and compiled the cvs version of qtstalker and it seems that the yahoo quote grabber isnt getting any data.  I'm using the history setting and trying to grab the last 10 years or so of data of bhp.ax.  The dialog seems to report it finishing the download fine but then when i try to view the chart nothing appears.  I've selected the daily setting from the drop-down list (none of the selections work).

Has yahoo changed it's bloody site again or is something wrong with my setup?

• Steve Stratos

Steve Stratos - 2007-01-15

Hi ashy,

I was able to download without any problems. Make sure BHP.AX was selected from the file selector before you download. Perhaps performing a full uninstall before installing the CVS version might help.

• Steve Stratos

Steve Stratos - 2007-01-15

When was the last time you used CVS ?  If it has been before 0.33 was released then 0.33 and CVS are not compatible because of the chart db format change.

• AshyIsMe

AshyIsMe - 2007-01-16

Ok so apparently it's just the chart that isnt showing up.  I uninstalled qtstalker and removed ~/.qtstalker and ~/Qtstalker.  Then reinstalled and downloaded the data.  The chart doesnt show up but if i show the data window it's all there.  How do i get the chart to show up?

• David Crossley

David Crossley - 2007-01-16

Do you have some indicators in ~/.qtstalker/data1/indicator/Indicators/ ?
        If not, then copy some from /cvs/qtstalker/misc/CUS_examples/

• Steve Stratos

Steve Stratos - 2007-01-16

Why didn't I think of that? ;-) :-(

• AshyIsMe

AshyIsMe - 2007-01-16

oh, thanks.  That fixed it :).