Menu

How can I reference the first page of a report?

2022-10-11
2022-10-13
  • Martin McGlensey

Is it possible to refer to the first page of a report in a conditional?
    Like "If page = 1 then Field1.Visible = False". Of course this would be written in Qt syntax.

Thanks

• aliks-os

aliks-os - 2022-10-11

In QtRPT you can use Script language for such controlling. Take a look at demo

• aliks-os

aliks-os - 2022-10-11

This script is written in the XML file.
    But also you can write custom processing in the code of you application by Qt, there is also demo for such processing.

You should decide what method is a best for you

Last edit: aliks-os 2022-10-11
  • Martin McGlensey

Thanks for the response. Now how do I enable MySQL/MariadDB support in QtRptDesigner? The project installed on my two other PC's supported MySQL right from the install. I'm running Mint 20.3 on a Virtualbox VM. I know that MySQL v 8 is installed. MySQL Workbench finds and connects to the DB I use. How do I resolve this problem.

Thanks

• aliks-os

aliks-os - 2022-10-13

QtRPT enabled to work with various DB. But for working with DB, Qt requiers the driver for working with appropriate DB. Please google for this issue

• Martin McGlensey

OK I understand the driver issue. I have Googled. Found libqsqlmysql.so pre-compiled library. Added it to ...qt5/plugins/sqldrivers and recompiled QtRptProject. No change. No driver for MySQL. After Googling for almost a day now I cannot find any clear information on how to install the MySQL driver. As I'm no wiz at compiling I need more help.

Thanks