Menu

Wish for additional Feature

Anonymous
2015-06-13
2015-06-14
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-06-13

Hey Guys,

I really like the Qtmm AFSK1200 Decoder because it's so simple and has only one feature: Do the job it's supposed to! And it does it pretty well. Thanks a lot for this nice tool!

Although, I am missing something:
    Would it be possible to add a functionality that dumps the output in realtime to a file? In this way, it would be possible to let a script grab the decoded messages and for instance summarize which stations can be received. The current 'save to file' option is in my view to 'manual' and does not allow a realtime analysis.

If you would add this feature, the Qtmm AFSK1200 Decoder would be perfect. For me, adding this is above my skills. I'm sorry.

Cheers,
    Tobias

• Alexandru Csete

Alexandru Csete - 2015-06-13

Hi Tobias,

At the moment I don't expect any more updates to qtmm. If I do in the future I will for sure consider your request. However, today there are far better performing decoders than this one, for example direwolf, and that may already support what you ask for.

Alex

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-06-14

Thanks for the fast reply and mentioning direwolf. Indeed it has far more capabilities but also not all. I can't manage to let it safe the trace and it tries to be decoder and parser at the same time. But for the moment, it works quite well.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel