Though I suspect not many people are still watching....
Quicksilver Forums 1.5 is out, after nearly 3 years of sitting on it. I'll just get right to the changelog then:
Changes for 1.5:
* Massive overhaul of the installer system.
* Added support for MySQLi.
* Replace image captcha with math based captcha.
* Error display should not post code details to the browser.
* Dropped timezone tables in favor of PHP 5 methods.
* Statistics center ceased functioning due to jpgraph not being PHP 5 compatible.
* Jpgraph library has now been removed.
* Hacks for IE6 and IE7 in the main index pages have been removed. Upgrade to IE8.
* Updated Google Analytics code.
* Default number of members displayed per members page raised from 10 to 25.
* Long awaited preview mode when editing posts.
* Slight rearranging of the forum topics display to save a bit of vertical space.
* User IP will be added to mail headers delivered through the email form.
* Top of page will now display where a new post, poll, or reply is being made to.
* Moved topics now show up more visibly if left linked to the old forum.
* Removed all obsolete tools.
* Akismet protection has been integrated for the email form, signature edits, forum posts, and new user registration.
* Dropped inclusion of all non-English translation files. They are all horribly out of date anyway.
* Switched bbcode parser due to the large number of deprecation warnings caused by the old one.
* Switched emoticon handling to one that will function properly based on the chosen skin.
* Updated avatar handling.
* Fixed local avatar selection.
* Meta tags for the site can now be set via the board settings menu in the ACP.
* Dropped unsupported converters. Will reinstate if there is a need.... read more
Key changes include:
* Language updates to Swedish, Norwegian and German.
* New backup tool uses XML (and is far less likely to run out of memory)
* And many bugfixes
There has been a serious security hole found with Quicksilver Forums 1.2.1 and we advise everyone to upgrade to this new release
Figured we needed to to this to get rid of the annoying bugs that had cropped up after the 1.2.0 release.
Changes for 1.2.1:
* Addons directory was not present.
* Post editing not handling reference properly in PHP4.
* Board crash when timezone update was required.
* Birthdays modlet referencing URL value incorrectly.
* Upload patch to make safe mode attachments a little easier.
* AdminCP not accessible if RSS feed is down.
* Timezone autoincrement value in the installer bumped up to 387.
* Topics and tracked individually as read and unread
* Recent posts now includes ALL unread posts as well as posts since last visit
* New modlets for birthdays and subforums
* RSS feeds now link directly to the post
* RSS feeds use templates
* Topics can be marked as unpublished
* New install guide
* HTML versions of all documentation (see here for an example)
* Quickreply now built in
* PNGs now render better in IE
* And big updates to our Swedish, German, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian and French translations!
Key changes include:
* XMB Forum convertor
* Significant update to italian translation
* Can edit Attachments on posts
* Topics link to next newer and older topic
Another version is now available. Key changes include:
* BBcode for superscript, subscript and indent
* CSS for handheld devices
* Updated French translation
and a few more bugfixes.
There was some bugs when trying to upgrade to 1.1.6
This is basically a "bugfix" release. And there are a lot of fixes in there. But some additions I'd like to highlight:
* New converters for MyBB, vBulletin 3.5.1 and IPB 2.1.x
* New BB code: spoiler
* Poll options can use BB code
* Topic pruner to delete or move with old topics en-mass
Grab it now.
We'll start using this place as our primary mirror for releases. Our 1.1.5 release is available here now. 1.1.6 is coming soon!