Does somebody have experiences with a Holux GR-271? It's more precise than a 270 and should be Linux compatibel...
I have been using the GR-271 for a couple of weeks. With three small steps it works out of the box on my Zaurus 5500. The two steps are
1. Reboot into init level 3 - You do this by
- reboot the Zaurus
- at the five second countdown press /? on keyboard
- press 'e' for init level 3
2. Insert the GR-271 into the CF slot. It may blink once but then it goes to sleep. Wake up the card in the terminal using
> cardctl resume
3. Check the settings on the gpGPS. They should be
I just bought the same gps card, but I hava c1000 with cacko 1.23. I can't seem to get it qpegps to communicate with the card. Is there a way do boot the c1000 the same way?
I've got this card now and it's working "out of the box" on my SL-C860 with original Sharp ROM. I'm just using the settings above (for the 5500)
If there are problems try settings "-p /dev/ttyS3 -s 9600 NMEA" (it suddenly worked with higher baud rate...)
The receiver is realy fast and senstive - you won't need a external antenna, even in a car...
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.