my additions to qpegps. Is it interesting?

Help
Voblin
2004-08-31
2013-04-17
  • Voblin

Voblin - 2004-08-31

Hello,

I write some small additional features to qpegps (last version). It is very useful for me.
    Now you can:
    - use qpegps as simple map browser even without GPS receiver;
    - save waypoints (places)
    - go to any coordinates
    - Measure distance.
    - also map scale line now visible in left bottom corner.

May be it will be useful to somebody too.

Now available two modes (now it's only beta):
    1. GPS navigation mode (GPS mode) -  This is standard GPS navigation with some addition(saving place coordinates feature). In this mode we will see standard navigation crosses at the center of the screen.
    2. Map navigation mode (map mode) - This is mode to browsing maps. It work with or without GPS receiver. You can browse maps in this mode. In this mode we will see X at the center of the screen (it will point to selected current position).
    3. Also now you can save / restore  places (waypoints) current position in GPS mode (by pressing <Enter> key) or potentially any position in map mode (by pressing <Shift+Enter> key).
    4. In map mode you can set any coordinates (current position) or restore position from saved in file /places.txt in configurable Track dir: directory (default path: /home/QtPalmtop/qpegps/tracks/places.txt).
    5. You can delete places in Track tab (simple choose place in combo box and press Delete button). Or you can edit  /places.txt file by any text editor. This file stored in configurable Track dir: directory (default path: /home/QtPalmtop/qpegps/tracks/places.txt)
    6. In map mode you can click to any point on the map and you will see it's position (coordinates) and after you can save this position in places.txt file (by pressing "Save" button or "OK" key ) or measure distance from this point to any another point (which will be selected by next click) by pressing "Measure" button.
    7. Also in map mode you can simple move current position (browse map) by pressing <Shift+Arrow key> (for example Shift+Up to move up...).

GPS mode

Map navigation mode (work with or without GPS receiver)

<BS> keyboard button (key) - switch between GPS and Map navigation modes

<BS> keyboard button - switch between modes GPS and Map navigation modes

<Stylus/Mouse click>  switch to full screen mode

<Shift + Stylus/Mouse click> or <Mouse click> see

<Shift + Stylus/Mouse click> - we will see message with point coordinates (clicked point position) and with three possibilities:

1. Press: "Cancel" button or key - to Quit (do nothing)

2. Press: "Save" or "OK" key - to save current place coordinates in file places.txt.

3. Press: "Measure" button - to measure distance between two points. This point will be first. Press Measure button then make next click to chose second point.

<Shift + Stylus/Mouse click> or <Mouse click> - we will see message with point coordinates and with three buttons and associated possibilities:

1. Press: "Cancel" button - to Quit (do nothing)

2. Press: "Save" or "OK" button to - save place coordinates

3. Press: "Measure" button - to measure distance between two points. This point will be first. Make next click

<Return> or <OK> keyboard button  Save current position coordinates as place coordinates in places.txt file

<Return> or <OK> keyboard button  move current position to manually entered place coordinates or to coordinates from saved places (from places.txt file)

<Shift + Return> or <Shift + OK> keys - Same as above

<Shift + Return> or <Shift + OK> keys -  Save current position coordinates as place coordinates in places.txt file

<space> key  switch between full screen and normal modes (no changes same as in original version)

<space> key  switch between full screen and normal modes

&#8592;, &#8594;, &#8593;, &#8595;, <Left>, <Right>, <Up>, <Down> keys  choose less and more detailed maps (no changes same as in original version)

&#8592; &#8594; &#8593; &#8595; <Left> <Right> <Up> <Down> keys  choose less and more detailed maps (no changes same as in original version)

<Shift + &#8592; >, <Shift + &#8594; >, <Shift + &#8593; >, <Shift + &#8595;>, <Left>, <Right>, <Up>, <Down> keys  move current position (and map of course) to appropriate direction. Use it for navigation/browsing maps

Most ( :-) ) of my changes I mark by: /* Added by A. Karhov */

Also I write perl script to downloading maps from expedia and command file for downloading world.
    gps_map.pl (original version from gpsdrive).

If it will see that it is usefull you can publish all it in qpegps project.

--
    Best regards, Alexander Karkhov

• Jonathan deBoer

Jonathan deBoer - 2004-10-04

Can you submit your changes as a patch? I would love to use some of these features.

• Michael 'Mickey' Lauer

Please release the changes as a patch. We want to include it in further OpenZaurus distributions. You can send it to mickeyl@handhelds.org if you don't have webspace available.