Menu

OSC and multiple inputs / feedback

2015-03-08
2015-03-12
  • Jessica Owens

Jessica Owens - 2015-03-08

I would like to use the rasberry pi and Qlight+ with multiple iPads. The system is for lighting control in a home that has a single dimmer room and iPads (or other wall mounted tablets) in different zones. They need to get feedback from each other and all control the same layout (50 dimmers)
    Is there a way we can have a list of ip addresses for control/ports/feedback for the same universe in the OSC input/output screen???

That would make this system ridiculously powerful for architectural applications..

• Jano Svitok

Jano Svitok - 2015-03-09

This was already requested, but there are no resources (people/time) to implement it now. Most probably it will gete implemented sometime, but time frame is unknown.

Until then, would web interface work for you? See http://qlcplus.sourceforge.net/docs/webinterface.html or Web interface in the "advanced" section in the online help.
    Do you need different interface for each tablet or is it enough to have one for all?

• Jessica Owens

Jessica Owens - 2015-03-12

They do need to be different controls on different pages as they are "zones" that need independent control. Web interface is not sufficient. I have different pages designed in touch OSC on iPad and they can all talk to the RaspiQlight but if a master zone or preset is running that particular zone cannot get feedback. A list of addition IP addresses and ports would be so awesome.
      I told my lighting fellows at Wynn /Encore hotel in Las Vegas about this, as we use DMX and artnet on property - simple headless systems with iPads coins be used in our convention area when we do small shows and in lieu of a full lighting console.

I love the compact Pi and ipad setup for DmX control - congrats and the development!!!

Looking forward to more updates and the added feature when you can.

Thanks