Menu

Bug when cloning a scene

Dylan Kiss
2014-12-21
2014-12-22
  • Dylan Kiss

Dylan Kiss - 2014-12-21

Hi there,

We are a small theater and are interested in using QLC+ for our next production. I tested it and it seems to work nicely, although I encountered a bug in the cloning of scenes.

When I create a scene in QLC+, the Fixture Monitor and the 'real' fixtures show the DMX values correctly. But when I clone a scene, the output DMX values of the two scenes (original one and copied one) are suddenly zero, although the values on the sliders are correct. When I then move a slider slightly, it sends the right DMX value for that fixture again. Also when I save it and restart QLC+, it also works fine.

This is a nasty bug when setting up the lights for a theater show. We usually create a scene with all fixtures enabled and then we always clone the previous scene and change the lights that need to be changed for that scene.

Cheers,
    Dylan

• La Cage Niteclub

Dylan, is this "Bug" from 4.8.3?

• Dylan Kiss

Dylan Kiss - 2014-12-22

Yes, it was already present in 4.8.2, but then I installed 4.8.3 and the bug is still there.

• La Cage Niteclub

I started to notice something similar. Most of my scenes are clones of the previous, but some aspects don't work under Virtual Console. For example, I wanted all lights to strobe in one scene. It works when creating the scene, but not all fixtures work in virtual console. Looking into it further.