Mike Luis - 2015-03-30

Hello,

I'm fairly new to DMX systems and lighting controllers, but have picked up a lot in a short time, mostly due to how user friendly the QLCplus software is.

I'm writing regarding an issue I'm having getting my fixture definitions to save properly. I can open the fixture definition editor, create a fixture, define all the channels and properties, and save it to the user fixture folder, but the issue occurs when I open this fixture (try to add it to a universe). The fixture is in the list, under the manufacturer name I gave it, but none of the other properties seem to load. The number of channels is wrong (it seems to be the same as the fixture I had previously highlighted in the list), and it defaults to a dimmer-type fixture. All other functions of both programs seem to function fine.

In terms of equipment, I've encountered this problem on both computers I've tried to use, both Windows based (XP and Vista I think). I'm using an Enttec USB Pro, and have software version 4.8.4. I searched the forum for this topic and at one point saw someone mention a similar issue, without resolution. Regrettably I navigated away and was not able to find the same post later.

Any help/advice anyone could offer would be helpful. I tried putting the fixture into the system fixture folder, but that didn't seem to change anything, same results.

Thank you in advance for any help given.

Mike Luis Jr.

michaeleluis@yahoo.com