Menu

Windows TEST build - Qt5 based

2014-03-10
2014-03-22
  • Massimo Callegari

And here's another shot of the QLC+ Qt5 porting, built on Windows.

The two main advantages (for now) are:
    - support for multiple audio at the same time
    - support for video playback

Download here: http://qlcplus.sourceforge.net/4.7.0/QLC+_4.7.0-TEST-20140322.exe

Please test it and report everything you find as non-working compared to 4.7.0 RC1 released yesterday

Thanks

Last edit: Massimo Callegari 2014-03-22
  • Luis García-Tornel

Hi Massimo,

First comments based on a quick test on the new features:

• Multiple audio at the same time: OK (even on several audios playing)
    • Video play back: depending on the format of the video:
      • MP4: QLC+ Crashes immediately at playing the video (different files tested)
      • WMV: OK
      • AVI: inconsistent results. Played well on some files, on some others played only the sound, and on some others QLC+ crashed (I'm particularly flabbergasted on these results since avi is kind of a standard format)
      • MKV: OK

Beside the actual playing of the files there are some other things:

• In the header of the selection window says "Open Audio File"
    • Since there are no file types associated with the video the software allows to select any file and "play" those files, obviously the program blows himself in a puff of golden smoke at such a metaphysic intent of trying to play a pdf as a video ;)

Luis

PS: I've attached a screenshot to illustrate those last points, sorry about the blurring but I'm not on my own machine right now
    PS2: I'm on a Win7 (32 bits)

Last edit: Luis García-Tornel 2014-03-14
    • Massimo Callegari

Hey Luis, thank you very much for the detailed report.
      I am aware of the empty file types list. I filed a bug to the Qt team some weeks ago but, as usual, they are like turtles on facing the issues.
      I'll have to find out a workaround myself.

As for the window title...copy and paste epic fail :)

• OddSocks

OddSocks - 2014-03-15

Just a quick note, about AVI.

The AVI file type is a pain in the but, as it is seen every where and is considered a "Standard format" where as it is only a container format, and can have any number of video / audio codecs.

I have had a number of run-ins with this in other software, where one AVI file will work fine and another wont even open.

• Stefan Flocker

Stefan Flocker - 2014-03-17

Hi Massimo,

after de-installation of 4.7.0 RC1 and installation of TEST-20140310 the following happens inside the QLC+ UI:

• All input/output devices are diappeared
    • All 'standard' fixtures (out of the installation folder QLC+) are diappeared, only the self-created (out of user/QLC+/fixtures folder) are available

After re-installation of the RC1 all devices and fixtures are available again.

Tested on following systems:

• Standard PC with Win7 SP1 64 Bit, i5 CPU
    • MacBook Pro with Mavericks 10.9.2, running VMWare Fusion 5.0.4 with Win7 SP7
    • Interface: FX5 DMX

Regards
    Stefan

• Luis García-Tornel

I can confirm the issue. Same here... no input/output and no fixtures.

How could I missed that?!?!

Last edit: Luis García-Tornel 2014-03-17
  • Massimo Callegari

Wow. This must be a very rough mistake. (which are usually easy to solve :) )
    I'm gonna check it later.
    Guys, please be patient with me, this port to Qt5 is quite painful, especially when 3 different OSes (linux, windows, OSX) behave all differently :(

• Massimo Callegari

Just tried. Uninstalled 4.7.0 RC1 and installed this 0310 test version.
    Everything is fine. I have fixtures and plugins at the right place.

I also checked the exe file content with 7zip and I can see them as well.
    What's going on then ?

• Luis García-Tornel

Yes, its weird indeed... all the files are in place, but it seems the program doesn't read them. Also I just managed to compile it on ubuntu with QT5 and all is OK, so its possibly a windows specific issue.

• Luis García-Tornel

One more observation, don't know if this helps to narrow the issue a little bit, but I consider it worth mentioning:

I've reinstalled 4.7.1 RC1 (qt4) on my Win7 and has a strange behavior that may be related to this issue:

On trying to open a workspace directly from the machine, it also fails to recognize inputs/outpus and fixtures. Exactly as with the QT5 version.

However if I first open QLC+ and then open a workspace it opens normally.

Last edit: Luis García-Tornel 2014-03-20
  • Stefan Flocker

Stefan Flocker - 2014-03-19

Yes, that's also what I have seen: Files are in place, but do not appear in the QLS+ user interface.

• Massimo Callegari

Just had the chance to test it. You're right guys. No plugins. No fixtures. Even though the files are there.

I suspect I did a mistake in the build process. Tonight I'll fix it and upload a new test version.
    Thanks for reporting this.

• Massimo Callegari

Should be fixed now. Can you please try again with version 0322 ?
    Thanks

• Luis García-Tornel

The Fixtures and Inputs/Outputs are showing!!! :D

However I've noticed a really small issue, mostly cosmetic. The icons for the RGB and CMY are not colored. It happens in the I've attached a screenshot. In the QT4 version this doesn't happens.

• Jano Svitok

Jano Svitok - 2014-03-22

I believe that's QT5 bug (or Qt4-Qt5 incompatibility)

• Massimo Callegari

Yeah, that's another thing to fix with Qt5 :'(