QjackCtl 0.2.15 has been released.
As a major new feature you are now allowed to rename (alias) the JACK/ALSA
connections client/port names to something intelligible. Another nice one
is about actual ALSA hardware device names which are now presented for
selection as a pull-down menu on the setup dialog.
Grab it from:
As taken from the change log:
- JACK/ALSA client and port name aliasing (renaming) is now an optional
feature for the connections window; all client/port aliases are saved on a
per preset basis (as proposed for Lionstracs' Mediastation).
- Server state now shown (back gain) on the system tray icon tooltip;
speaking of which, tooltips are now also featured on connections, status
and patchbay windows.
- New actual hardware device selection menu featured on setup dialog;
these new button menus are only available for the ALSA driver settings.
- Server path factory default to jackd instead of jackstart; preset setup
button icons are back.
- Fixed rare connection port item removal/disconnection dangling pointer bug.
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela