Menu

Alive?

2008-05-09
2013-04-08
  • Paolo Collector

Paolo Collector - 2008-05-09

Hi there
    it would really be a pitty if this project was not going ahead.
    I find it is really easy to start up with and to use, much better than oaw and similar.
    I have seen on freshmeat that something has been updated recently (only docs?).
    http://freshmeat.net/projects/qiqu/?branch_id=69987&release_id=276044
    There are still some minor issues in the doc (can i help somehow?).
    It would be interesting an example on xmi (the tutorial says "don't worry it will follow", but it doesn't).

Anyway, great work, just want to be sure it is still alive before starting using it for real projects.
    Paolo

• Hansi

Hansi - 2008-05-09

Hi Paolo

Sure it is. I've been working with a colleague for the last couple of months on a bigger example, so I didn't really spent a lot of time in enhancing the framework itself.
      This example will generate a complete richclient application and the main features are:

- Defining the UML Domain class inside StarUML
      - Generate from the UML Model (XMI) the approprite domainclasses
      - Generate the persistence layer (Hibernate) to be used for standalone or inside JBoss
      - Generate a default GUI für the domain layers
      - Define the GUI (Panels and the 'GuiWorkflow') in xml and define the appropriate classes
      - supports optimistic locking
      - supports message bundles

We are still working on it. The code is mainly completed and working, but it is not documented yet.
      I guess we need another 3 months, until we have it well enough documented and released.

I could send you a preview of the project with a short installation guide, if you are interested. I could even guide you on the phone, if we live in a similar timezone... if you are interested,
      you please end me an email to hj.wingeier at bluewin.ch

Of course you could help, the question is, what would you like to do, or what can you do?
      Cheers
      Hansjoerg

• Paolo Collector

Paolo Collector - 2008-05-09

Thanks for the quick replay Hansjoerg, i see we are in similar timezone (italy here).
      A snapshot of the example would be great, i will email you. Thanks for this.
      I am not sure if i can help, for the moment the only thing i could do is to collect minor mistakes/mispells in the documentation and send them to you if needed.
      Paolo