can't login on it with hal and evdev new sys

Help
2009-04-20
2013-04-30
  • Carlos Zeta I

Carlos Zeta I - 2009-04-20

Hello, thanks for your job in advance.

I'm using it for years but until last update (gentoo system with hal and evdev) and got working with new xorg-server 1.5 my qingy is not responding to mouse and keyboard events. it can't recognice them and no way to login.

Can you help me? or at least, please, show me the way to get working.

Thanks again for your really good job.

Cheers!!!

;-)

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have the same problem. I think it could be because of in xorg.conf we have removed the old keyboard and mouse sections and with this configuration qingy don't rules.

• Geof

Geof - 2009-08-31

I also use Gentoo with evdev, but that's not the problem. First, the Qingy FAQ for Gentoo users suggests this problem is DirectFB driver configuration.  Unfortunately, on top of that is also a bug in the official DirectFB ebuild that prevents compile of input and video card drivers. See http://bugs.gentoo.org/217796.

I did a quick and dirty fix to the ebuild by manually specifying the appropriate drivers in "--with-gfxdrivers=" and "--with-inputdrivers=" in the econf section of the ebuild,  "ebuild DirectFB-1.2.7.ebuild digest" to update the manifest, then emerge DirectFB.  This worked for me. Note that the ebuild change will be overwritten in the next rsync.

I suggest an update to the Qingy FAQ with a pointer to the ebuild bug.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks