problem compiling 0.42

Help
2004-04-20
2004-04-21
  • thierry poidras

thierry poidras - 2004-04-20

I try to compile qfsm on windows with cygwin and xfree86 and QT3.2.3.
    the make process is stopped with the message:
    SimulatorDlg.o(.text+0x49a1):/opt/qt/3.2/include/qlayout.h:136: variable 'vtable for QSpacerItem' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
    vtable for QSpacerItemby linking to __imp___ZTV11QSpacerItem (auto-import)
    Info: resolving _static_QUType_QString by linking to __imp__static_QUType_QString (auto-import)
    Info: resolving _static_QUType_int by linking to __imp__static_QUType_int (auto-import)
    Info: resolving _static_QUType_double by linking to __imp__static_QUType_double (auto-import)
    Info: resolving _static_QUType_Null by linking to __imp__static_QUType_Null (auto-import)
    Info: resolving _static_QUType_bool by linking to __imp__static_QUType_bool (auto-import)
    Info: resolving _static_QUType_ptr by linking to __imp__static_QUType_ptr (auto-import)
    Info: resolving _static_QUType_charstar by linking to __imp__static_QUType_charstar (auto-import)
    Info: resolving _static_QUType_varptr by linking to __imp__static_QUType_varptr (auto-import)
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [qfsm.exe] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Thierry/qfsm-0.42/src'
    make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

can you please help me ?
    Thierry

• Stefan Duffner

Stefan Duffner - 2004-04-21

I've taken a look at the ld man page and the option -enable-auto-import which describes different solutions for resolving this problem, but it seems to me that the incompatibilty lies in the Qt-code, so this might be not easy to fix.
      I have two suggestions:
      1. Try to use a newer version of Qt
      2. Try to compile with the Intel C++ compiler

I've never tried the second one, but I've read that this can resolve compiler/linker problems that occur with gcc under cygwin.
      Sorry I can't help you more at the moment. But tell me if you manage to resolve your problem.

Stefan

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks