OS X Port

Cpu86
2012-08-14
2013-05-14
  • Cpu86

Cpu86 - 2012-08-14

Hi all,
    i began the hard work to fully port Qalculate to OS X without the pain in the ass of glib and gtk+.

Currently i managed to build the libqalculate and the Qalculate command line calculator.
    There is a prebuilt version where no external library is needed, except for the wget tool for the exchange rates but is not mandatory.

I'm also writing the GUI in Cocoa to have a native OS X interface.

Here is the project:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qalculateosx/

Cpu86 (marcoit86)

• Jonathan Stickel

Cool! Glad to see work on this. If interested, we could add your code as a branch here.  Ultimately it might make sense to merge your changes into the main branch, if feasible.

• Cpu86

Cpu86 - 2012-08-14

Maybe in the future. Now i'm doing everything static, even the cln and gmp libraries are statically built, since i'd like to make an app which can be used without the pain of external dynamic libraries. I used the Xcode development environment without Makefiles and modified the source code files without paying much attention to the merge possibility. I know it's not good but at the start i only wanted to see if the port is feasible without much headache :), i didn't know i would end up with something working :).

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks