I am the author of the qalculate plasmoid (<a href="http://wwwu.uni-klu.ac.at/magostin/qalculate.html">website</a>) which is going to be included in KDE SC 4.4. FYI, there are also plans to change the default calculator plasma runner (I hope you are familiar with these KDE-specific terms) by making use of libqalculate. I am already working on this and it is already working quite well (you can get it from KDE playground) but it's too late for inclusion in KDE SC 4.4 so it will have to wait for 4.5. I have also read elsewhere that there are plans to include a backend for Cantor baes on libqalculate. So, point is that it seems to be still quite a lot of interest in this project and it is a shame that it is no longer actively mantained.
While I was writing the plasmoid and runner, I gained a bit of experience with the library and I would like to contribute to this project now, especially the library itself and not the GUIs, e.g. fix the build process, bug fixing (I encountered some myself), general manteinance but also add new features. At the moment I am not planning to write a KDE4 interface (mainly due to time constraints), but I will gladly help if someone is willing to do it.
I hope that we can coordinate and revive the project soon.
Glad to see some more interest and use of qalculate. The plasmoid looks neat.
May I assume you have seen the forum thread "build updates"? If you wish to contribute to the build process for libqalculate, please add to the discussion there.
I have already created a couple of patches to fix a SEGFAULT bug and to add a new function. Would it be possible to get an account on CVS to commit them? Also, isn't it possible to migrate to a more recent versioning system like SVN or Git (even better)?
Thanks for your contributions. I do not yet have admin privileges for this project and so I cannot give you CVS access at the moment. My plan is to prepare a bug-fix release, ask the current (inactive) maintainer for admin rights, and then make the release. I would like to make the release after applying your patch for the integration segfaults. Please see my remark there.
After the release, I will be happy to add you as a developer. We can then work on migrating from CVS to SVN and implementing new features. I do not think sourceforge supports Git.
I am looking forward to the bug-fix release. I will be happy to test it and provide some help if needed. BTW, I modified my patch dealing with the integration segfaults.
Then we can discuss about new features and migration to a new VC system. SVN on Sourceforge would fine for me. AFAIK there is Git support in Sourceforge anyway.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.