From: Titus Brown <titus@ca...> - 2002-12-12 20:07:04
Dave Kuhlman, John Totten, and Ian Lipsky (a local sysadmin) have
collectively shamed me into fixing the outstanding problems with
the configure script and installation docs. I've also reorganized
the directories to make things a bit cleaner.
The latest version in CVS contains the following changes:
* all C++ files and corresponding build stuff (configure, Makefile) moved
* all Python files moved into pywx-lib/;
* 'configure' script in src/ now takes two arguments:
% cd src;
% ./configure --with-python=2.2 --with-aolserver-src=../../aolserver-3.5.1-src
Moreover, these parameters are correctly used in the Makefile.
New with this update is also a mechanism to automatically figure out
what libraries are needed with Python, and a couple of other fixes
to the Makefile that take care of all of the problems I know about.
* The INSTALL and README documentation has also been updated to reflect
* Several obsolete files have been trashed -- mostly the .tcl files.
Err, I think that's it. I'm going to run through Dave Kuhlman's excellent
docs later today to fix what I've broken ;), and then I have to go through
the doc/ docs to fix them -- that may take a little longer.
Please, try it out and let me know what breaks on your system! It works
fine for my RH 7.2 and RH 8.0 installs...
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.