Delphi Apps hard to control

Help
2006-06-26
2013-05-28
  • Brad Clements

Brad Clements - 2006-06-26

(post here or at openqa.org?)

I am trying to control a Delphi application. It's dialogs of TMssCtrlPanel, tabbed dialogs and stuff. I am not able to see all the controls in the dialog because they're on a tabbed panel that uses (strangely) a menu button to change the displayed panel. Even if I "click to the next panel" and re-grab the top window and get it's control identifiers, the returned control objects correspond to the first displayed panel, not the second.

Any ideas how I can work around this problem?

Thanks

• Mark Mc Mahon

Mark Mc Mahon - 2006-06-30

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

The way tabbed dialogs are implemented by different applications is always difficult - but pywinauto "should" only be looking at the visible controls.

So when you switch to a tab - the controls on that tab are the visible ones and will thus be used. (Controls in other tabs will still be loaded into memory - but will not be visible).

Could you include the output of print_control_identifiers() before and after selecting the 2nd tab? (e.g. open the dialog - print control identifiers, go to next tab and do it again).

It is also possible that I am not supporting as many controls as I could for Delphi - because I don't have Delphi - and didn't have a lot of Delphi apps to test against.

Thanks
         Mark

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks