Bluecat - 2005-05-23

As of release 0.2 (when it is done) I plan on deprecating several features. If these are of interest to anyone, please comment, I don't want to leave you out in the cold.

* The Green Theme. This was never fully developed. It effectively just draw a frame and no widgets. I suspect it was a proof of concept.

* The Unseen renderer. I can't find this anywhere. Also an assumption, but I suspect this was Seans original game engine. If I can't find it, I can't support it.

* The Nebula renderer. This looks awfully nice, but there is a problem. Nebula 2 is not cross platform, according the initial release notes, it's only DX9 and Windows as the authors are waiting for OpenGL2.  Normally I wouldn't mind since I develop mostly on Windows anyway, but if I'm going to spend my time on something I'd rather it be cross platform, as that is what I am aiming my games at. However, watch this space, I am strongly considering making an Ogre renderer, it just won't be next week.

* OpenGL Soya renderer. It's not complete, but it is also GPL, not LGPL. As far as I understand, this means that PyUI2 would have to go under the GPL. Not acceptable for developers of commercial products. AFAIK, this doesn't prevent someone using a LGPL lib like PyUI2 and writing their own Soya renderer, since only their app would have to be GPL (LGPL is a GPL compatible licence.) However, deriving from it in PyUI2 would force PyUI2 to be GPL.

That's pretty much it at the moment. If you have strong feelings on any of the above, or even if you have feelings of ambivilence, please comment.