Connection to Server Lost

Help
2006-10-14
2013-04-16
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi, I just installed Pyscrabble on Ubuntu 6.06, and when I look for public servers I find funky.beats.org:3389 as the only one listed.  I created an account, but when I try to login I get the following error:

Error: A Fatal Error has occurred: Connection to server has been lost. The application will now close.

Is this a server problem or something on my end?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Oh, never mind.  I just need to install pygame.

• Kevin Conaway

Kevin Conaway - 2006-10-14

Hi there,

I'm glad you got everything figured out.  Please let me know if you have any more questions or issues.

Enjoy the game!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi Kevin, thanks for getting back to me.  I really enjoy the game, but I do have a question about the sound.  I guess it's inherent with pygame, but the program won't run if anything else is accessing the sound card.  I would like to use skype while I'm playing, is there any way to disable sound on pygame?

• Kevin Conaway

Kevin Conaway - 2006-10-16

Thats strange, I don't experience the issue, though I am using pymedia instead of pygame.

Perhaps if you could try installing pymedia, it might fix the issue.  In the meantime, I'll see if what can be done about pygame.

Kevin

• Nobody/Anonymous

I tried pymedia and it didn't seem to work.  So I went back to pygame, and it works as long as I issue a killall esd before I start up the program.  Othwerise I'll get the "fatal error Connection to server lost".   If it helps there's a whole bunch of tracebacks, and the last line  is
      pygame.error: No available audio device

• Nobody/Anonymous

The end of the traceback when I run pymedia is
      pymedia.audio.sound.SoundError: Cannot create sound object. Error text is: 16, Device or resource busy at OPEN

• Nobody/Anonymous

Today I reinstalled Ubuntu (now it's the Edgy Eft) and everything works fine on the sound front using the python-pygame module.

• Kevin Conaway

Kevin Conaway - 2006-10-30

Awesome!  Let me know if you have other issues.

Kevin

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks